Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tucker

2.1.99.

We already had girl, and on this day we had our son. Our family was complete. Who knew? God has a great sense of humor.

On Tucker's baptism day our pastor told us that Tucker was going to be a preacher. We're trying to help mold him; I think God could do a better job without us, seriously pray with us. If it was some kind of prophetic vision we should be steering him in the right direction. I've often thought Tucker was a prophet - so this wasn't too far out there for me to contemplate.

When we told Tucker that we were pregnant with Kyle he said, "I know." I was completely puzzled. I asked him what he meant, his reply, "God told me when the baby in your belly died that He was going to give you another one." We we're blown away with that one. Then right before Nora Kate came along he said something to the effect that we were going to have a baby and this one I was clueless on - but sure enough.

Needless to say, I've quit talking to Tucker about babies. I'm kidding, its Eric I need to quit talking to.

Tucker wants a brother so badly. He was very disappointed when he heard the Christen was a girl - He loves her now! Tucker is a great big brother. He is willing to help with anything - except diaper duty. He will give Christen her bottle in the morning or sit and play with her while I'm getting ready.

Tucker is very competitive. We already knew this; however it has become increasingly clear since the Wii has made its way into our home. We regularly do Wii fit (by we I mean me and Eric) and it drives the kids crazy, they thought we got it for them. Anyhow - Tucker is insanely upset that Eric has all of the "best" rankings on the Ski Jump, well not just the best, he occupies every slot. I keep reminding them it's about your personal best - don't compare yourself to the others - then I get up and push someone out of the way to see if I can out do them - not sure where he gets the competitive spirit??

He has a little temper that needs taming at times, but who doesn't? He's a funny boy. He'll sweep some girl off her feet one day - just like his daddy!

Tucker - you are my baby boy - I know you don't like to think of yourself in that way - but that is who you are and will always be. God has great plans for your future. Continue to look after your sisters; God has given them to you - not to be a burden, but a blessing. He is molding you into a wonderful young man. I pray that if ministry is in your future that you make wise choices now that will open the doors God has set before you. You have so much to offer the world. We love you!

No comments: